Pham Huy Trung is a photography lover, a nationally and internationally acclaimed photographer currently working as an Independent Photographer for special projects of prestigious organizations such as National Geographic, global institutions, and private clients. He has been Chairman of Socom Media for more than 11 years, which was previously a telecommunication company and now is a leading company in taking photos and producing videos for local and foreign companies, especially industrial companies. He is also a judger of Asia Pacific Stevie Awards for Corporate Communications/PR Publications & Video category and a judger of 35awards – International Photography Awards.
He graduated from Hanoi University of Technology, Viet Nam in 2002 and attended Chalmers University in Sweden in 2005 for a Master of Science in Telecommunication. While studying in Sweden, Trung was offered a job at a Japanese company in Vietnam in 2006 but he ended up his career in telecommunication in 2016 when he found his old Nikon camera on his bookshelf and made it happen. From nothing about photography, Trung kept taking shots and sharing his photos on the National Geographic’s Your Shot Daily Dozen, and just in 2 years, he got the highest number of photos published on this community in Viet Nam. From this time, he has been spending his lifetime on capturing the heritage of Vietnam from above and continuously received nearly 50 prestigious awards in the world.
"In the middle of the Melaleuca Forest", Pham Huy Trung received his first-ever photography awards - Sony World Photography Awards 2018: the 1st in the national award, commended in the travel category.
"Flower on the Sea", Pham Huy Trung received Sony World Photography Awards 2019: the 2nd prize Vietnam national award, shortlist in the travel category.
"Harvest Water Lilies", Pham Huy Trung received Sony World Photography Awards 2020: shortlist in the travel category.
"Passing the sand dune", Pham Huy Trung received 35awards 2018: the first award Drone Photo Winner.
"Homeward Bound", Pham Huy Trung received 35awards 2019: the first award motion Winner.
"Harvesting water-chestnuts", Pham Huy Trung received 35awards 2020: the first award aerial photography Winner. With this award, in three consecutive years, Trung broke the record with three first awards in Viet Nam and was invited to be a judger of 35awards in 2022.
"Fishing in Mangrove Forest", Pham Huy Trung received Drone Photo Awards 2021, the first prize, people category.
Additionally, Trung’s photographs are shown at more than 10 prestigious exhibitions in the world where they receive critical acclaim as being among the best in the world.
Trung's photo was exhibited in Summerset House in 2019 for Sony World Photography Awards – London the photograph title “In the Melaleuca Forest”.
Trung's photos were exhibited in Siena Awards Exhibition in 2019, 2020, 2021 for Siena International Photography Awards – Siena, Tuscany, Italy with the photograph title “Fun in Sand Dunes”, "Water Lilies Harvest Season" and "Fisherman in a mangrove forest".
Trung's photos were exhibited in Foto art festival 2021, Bielsko-Biała Museum (the Castle of the Sułkowski Princes) Poland.
And he got many other national and international awards in the world...
- Toronto international salon of photography, 2020, PSA Gold Medal Section Pictorial open (color), CAPA Gold Medal Section Pictorial open (mono)
- Vietnam artistic photo awards 2019: Bronze prize, “Discover the ocean” Photo series.
- Honorable mention journeys and adventures, Siena international photo Awards in Italy in 2020, photo “Waterlillies harvest season”.
- Hipa contest winner drone in January 2020.
- Shortlist open Sony instagram competition 2020.
- Particular Merit Mention, All about photo, 2020.
- World best photo #Light2020, Agora.
- Top 15 of Agora contest, nature category, 2020.
- Commended people, drone awards, Siena international photo Awards in Italy in 2019, photo " Fishing under the rosy flowers ".
- First prize, drone item competition Global Photo Contest 2019, photo "Crossing the sand dunes".
- First prize Sport Skypixel 2018.
- Second prize, the high-profile photo of Dronestagram 2018, photo "fishnets"
- Honorable Award, Siena international photo Awards in Italy in 2018, Image Title: "In The Melaleuca Forest" in the "Journeys & Adventures", included in Siena International Photo Awards official Collective Photo Book entitled “Beyond the Lens” and also be displayed at the Siena International Photo Awards Exhibition from October 28th to December 2nd 2018.
- IAAP Bronze Medal, Pictorial open (color) section, Toronto international salon of photography 2018, photo “fishing 2”. https://salon.torontocameraclub.com/archive/2018/awards.pdf
- Photographic Society of America Gold medal at Photo Circuit 2018, Section Monochrome, Croatia.
- Photographic Society of America Gold medal at Photo Circuit 2018, Section Nature, Croatia.
- Two gold medals, Oman International Photo Festival 2018, photo "Buffalo Wool season" and "beyond River ".
- Gold medal, the MIX Photo Festival in India year 2018, photo "Spill".
- Gold medal, PhotoArt Monte Photo festival in Montenegro, photo "Wave overflow "
- Gold medal, the film Festival Baku 2018, photo "Fishnets”.
- First prize Landscape Skypixel 2017.
Many prestigious television stations, magazines, and art galleries in the world featured his artworks and endorsed his effort:
- National Geographic Magazine, March 2019, page 144.
- Kijk magazine, April 2019, Netherlands.
- Heritage Magazine, Viet Nam (2018, 2019).
- Vietnam Television (VTV1)
- Ho Chi Minh Television (HTV7).
- National Public Radio (America)
- The Epoch Times
- The Guardian
- The Sun
- US Art News
- Daily Telegraph
- This is colossal
- The Dot Magazine
- Vietnam Pictorial
- Lotte Magazine
- Icanvas (USA)
- Disclosure Gallery (Germany)
- Zone One Arts (Australia)
- Art Photo Limited (France)
- The Artling (Singapore)
- Yellow Korner (Luxembourg)
- Luka Art (Brazil)